Heritage Regina is seeking an Executive Director (ED) to advance the mandate of our organization. The ED will bring strong leadership and organizational management skills. They will have experience running fundraising initiatives and securing operating resources through private funding and grants. An ability to manage day-to-day responsibilities while planning and implementing longer-term initiatives to meet HR goals will be essential. Finally, they will have an appreciation of the vital role of heritage for Regina’s communities, and for cultural, social, economic, and environmental sustainability.
Candidates of all backgrounds are invited to apply and indicate how their demonstrated experience and skills align with the responsibilities, including:
- Relevant post-secondary education and experience
- Not-for-profit leadership experience including strategic planning and working with a Working Board of Directors
- Management skills including budgeting, finance, office systems and contracts, event planning, project management and working with stakeholders, partners, volunteers, and funders.
- Demonstrated ability in development and fundraising and an entrepreneurial approach to organizational development, funding, and programming
- Effective communication skills including the ability to speak passionately in public, create written reports, and develop informative communication materials
- Experience using archival records and other resources for historic research is a plus
- Experience managing and empowering employees in a professional environment
- Ability to advance Heritage Regina’s commitments to reconciliation through programming, partnerships, and board development
- An appreciation of the diversity of Regina’s heritage including heritage buildings, sites, and intangible cultural heritage, and of the connections with reconciliation, sustainability, and climate action, and with inclusive and connected communities.
Competitive Salary, including benefits, will be offered for this position. The position is 20 hours per week to start, with the potential to be full-time.
Apply via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by May 21, 2023